IT Steering Committee
Pursuant to HRS section 27-43, the IT Steering Committee was established to assist the Chief Information Officer (CIO) in developing the state’s information technology standards and policies, including but not limited to:
- Assisting the CIO in developing and implementing the state information technology strategic plans;
- Assessing executive branch departments’ progress in meeting the objectives defined in the state information technology strategic plans and identifying best practices for shared or consolidated services;
- Ensuring technology projects are selected based on their potential impact and risk to the state, as well as their strategic value;
- Ensuring that executive branch departments maintain sufficient tools to assess the value and benefits of technology initiatives;
- Assisting the CIO in developing state information technology standards and policies; and
- Clarifying the roles, responsibilities, and authority of the Office of Enterprise Technology Services, specifically as it relates to its statewide duties.
Pursuant to HCR 94, ETS submitted a State Information Strategic Plan on behalf of the IT Steering Committee. It can be found here: IT Strategic Plan. The State IT Strategic Plan Overview Presentation can be found here: State IT Strategic Plan Overview Presentation
Evaluation of the CIO
Beginning in 2017, the committee will evaluate the CIO based on a variety of metrics. The evaluation summary will be included in the CIO’s year-end annual report.