Pursuant to HRS sections 27-43 and 27-44, Open Data, a CIO priority area, includes building on established data and transparency platforms to facilitate open data mandates.
- Facilitated executive branch departments’ reasonable efforts to make appropriate and existing electronic data sets electronically available to the public through the state’s Open Data Portal, which now offers charting libraries and mapping tools for the creation of dynamic visualizations. Today, more than 1000 data sets are publicly available through the portal with more than 3 million browser page views providing residents, analysts, and civic developers with unprecedented access to state data.
- Continued work on the Aloha+ Challenge Dashboard, releasing new metrics in the category of Natural Resource Management.
- Collaborated with the Department of Business, Economic Development, and Tourism / Coastal Zone Management to develop the Ocean Resource Management Plan Dashboard.
- Assisted the Campaign Spending Commission with the hosting and release of their Candidate Committee and Non-candidate Committee dashboards.
- Facilitate oversight of the State Internet Portal Program by the CIO-chaired Access Hawaii Committee , deploying a new approval process for project statements of work.