IT Positions in Recruitment
Join the State of Hawaii’s technology team!
Led by Chief Information Officer (CIO) Todd Nacapuy, the Office of Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) provides governance for executive branch IT projects and seeks to identify, prioritize and advance innovative initiatives with the greatest potential to increase efficiency, reduce waste, and improve transparency and accountability in state government. ETS also supports the management and operation of all state agencies by providing effective, efficient, coordinated and cost-beneficial computer and telecommunication services such that state program objectives may be achieved.
ETS is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
IT System Analyst (Band B) | Apply
- Identifies complex inter-/intra-departmental problems; evaluates existing systems and technologies, cost and time constraints; and recommends most effective solution for systems design.
IT Telecom/Wireless Network (Band B) | Apply
- Responsible for providing technical expertise in support of the management and maintenance of the state’s wireless communication networks.
- Serves as technical experts in web development. The essential functions assigned include: web development with emphasis on the server-side frameworks; interaction between the server-side frameworks, the web server, and the database system; website functionality and back-end systems; troubleshooting, monitoring, and tuning the performance of the supported web applications and sites; security and information architecture of the web platform; and administering policies and procedures for web development.
- Serve as technical experts in web development. The essential functions assigned include: web development with emphasis on the server-side frameworks; interaction between the server-side frameworks, the web server, and the database system; website functionality and back-end systems; troubleshooting, monitoring, and tuning the performance of the supported web applications and sites; security and information architecture of the web platform; and administering policies and procedures for web development.
ETS Account Clerk | Apply
- Provides account clerical support related to fiscal activities, e.g., accounting, purchasing, and vendor payments.
The following non-civil service positions will serve the Enterprise Payroll and Time and Attendance Modernization (HawaiiPay) project led by the Department of Accounting and General Services (DAGS) in coordination with the Office of Enterprise Technology Services (ETS). The project team is responsible for directing the transition to a modernized system by leveraging existing data integration from departments and jurisdictions.
Project Manager (Payroll) | Apply
- Directs the transition to the modernized system by leveraging existing data integration from departments and jurisdictions. In subsequent phases of the payroll and time and attendance implementation, the Project Manager will closely evaluate opportunities to enable workflow and process automation and business process re-engineering where possible to leverage expanded and enhanced functionality available and delivered in the new payroll and time and attendance systems.
- Will evaluate, direct and guide modifications and enhancements to standardize the payroll administration and time and attendance system to maximize delivered functionality within those modules. Additionally, the Payroll Testing Lead will establish a knowledge management basis that provides for enterprise standardization of nomenclature, processes, documentation and testing procedures to assure quality and accuracy across the system and related systems and will also further establish the required knowledge base to ensure operations and maintenance of the systems are efficiently managed to effectively service the state.
Payroll Analyst | Apply
- During all phases of the system design, implementation, testing, training and transition to go-live status, will work to analyze business processes, workflows, calculation routines and system functionality to ensure that payroll processing accurately represents the state’s rules, parameters and policies across all state jurisdictions. The Payroll Analyst will also work directly with payroll stakeholders to ensure that they are well-prepared for the various release and deployment cycles.
POSITIONS TO BE POSTED SOON
Enterprise PeopleSoft Development Lead | View on LinkedIn
- Responsible for PeopleSoft system development and administration across the enterprise. Duties will include closely evaluating opportunities and monitoring the operational environment to ensure best practice methodology and procedures.
This page is continually updated. Please check back frequently for the latest updates.