Safe Travels Help
What do I do if I am having issues with the digital form, such as getting an error message (i.e. database error)?
Which browsers can I use to access the Safe Travels digital form?
You can use any modern browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, etc.) except IE.
For Technical Assistance:
Safe Travels Service Desk (10 a.m. to 10 p.m. HST): 1-855-599-0888
Calls outside of working hours will go to voicemail and be returned the next business day.
Submit a Request: Safe Travels Help Desk
For Quarantine, Health and Safe Travels FAQs
You may call our partners at Aloha United Way, 2-1-1.
There are multiple ways you can reach them from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. HST
In Hawaii, you may call 2-1-1
Out of State: Toll free number: 1-877-275-6569
Email: [email protected]
Search their online database 24/7 at auw211.or/Search.aspx
Where can I get more information about traveling to Hawaii?
More Safe Travels FAQs
What is the purpose of the Safe Travels Digital Form?
This mandatory digital form is critical to protecting the health of our residents and visitors alike. Safe Travels is one part of a multi-layered screening process which includes arrival temperature checks, and secondary screening for those with symptoms or temperatures of 100.4 degrees or higher. The objective of the Safe Travels digital form is to reduce the amount of time the traveler stands in line at the airport to go through the screening process upon arrival.
How do I create a Login for the Safe Travels digital form?
- Go to the Safe Travels site at https://travel.hawaii.gov
- Select Create An Account.
- A new account can be created by email, Facebook login, or Google login.
- Click Sign up.
- Proceed to fill out a Profile, Trip, and a Health Questionnaire (Note: Health Questionnaire is only available within 24 hours of your flight).
How do I create a Profile?
*Note: Each traveler aged 18 and over must create their own profile
- After logging in.
- Click on the Person icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Profile.
- Fill out the About You section.
- After entering your primary contact telephone and email, click Verify in each field to receive a verification code through text message and email. Verifying your contact number and email well ahead of arrival will expedite the screening process at the airport. Then click Next Section.
- Fill out the Traveler Home Address section, then click Next Section.
- If you are traveling with minors, please click +Travel Party Member to add the information for each minor (minors only need to be added under one adult profile).
- Select Submit.
How do I create a Trip?
- Select the Trips icon on the Home Screen.
- Select +Add Trip.
- Fill in Trip Details.
- Fill in your designated Quarantine Location while in Hawaii.
- In the Additional Travel Party Members section, check the minors who will be travelling with you (minors only need to be added under one adult trip).
How do I fill out the Health Questionnaire?
*Note: The Health Questionnaire is only available to be filled in no more than 24 hours in advance.
- Select the Health Questionnaire icon on the Home Screen.
- Select your trip (only trips arriving in Hawaii within 24 hours are available in the drop down).
- Enter health details for you and your travel party members.
- Sign the Attestation.
- Select Accept Signature.
- Select Submit.
- When prompted, “Do you want to submit the Health Questionnaire?, Select Yes, Submit It.
- A QR code will be emailed to you and can also be found under Trip Details. This QR code will be scanned upon arrival.
How do I get a QR Code?
In order to get a QR Code, you must complete the Health Questionnaire which is only available on the Safe Travels application and is only available to be filled in no more than 24 hours in advance. Once the Health Questionnaire is completed, the QR Code is emailed and appears under Trip Details.
Why do I need a QR Code?
The QR code makes the arrival screening process faster for you. The QR code is needed for airport personnel to pull up your information electronically to validate your information and you will be asked to sign the Quarantine Order.
Will I get Daily Check-In reminders?
Yes, you will receive an email reminding you to go to the website https://travel.hawaii.gov, to complete the Daily Check-in for you and your travel party members.
*Note: Daily Check-in begins the day after you arrive. If you are a Hawaii resident traveling from another island to Oahu, you will not be subject to quarantine.
How do I complete a Daily Check-In?
- Log into the Safe Travels application https://travel.hawaii.gov.
- Select the Daily Check-Ins icon on the Home Screen.
- Select your trip from the drop-down list.
- Select the Location Type in the Self-quarantine location details section.
- Complete the the health details questions for yourself and any travel party members.
- Select Submit.
Can I update my quarantine location?
If you have not been processed yet at the airport by a screener, use the Traveler App to update your self-quarantine location in Trips. After submitting the updated Trip, you can regenerate the QR code by going to Health Questionnaire, selecting the trip, and clicking Yes, generate it when asked if you would like to generate the QR code again. Use this updated QR code when you are being screened at the airport.